Friday, January 25, 2008

Collosal California Caucus '08

So last weekend we had a long weekend due to Martin Luther King, who we love in our apartment (We have a poster of him and his speech up in our living room). We decided to take advantage of the long weekend and headed down to Yorba Linda, california with Blake who is from there. We drove all night on Thursday and welcomed the warm weather we woke up to. Blake's parents were kind enough to let us stay at their house with them, and Blake and his friend John were nice enough to think of fun things that 4 girls would like to do.

We had a bonfire on the beach,which has always been something i wanted to do, and it was as good as i had always hoped it would be. We saw LA, went to the mall, ate at the local places (which Rylie really wanted to do), got our nails done and seriously just had a blast hanging out in california. I would go into detail about everything.. but then this would be SOOO long!!! So here are some of my pictures from the weekend: (they are a bit out of order)
Sunday me and my roommates went for a walk with Blake around this little man made lake area. it was SOO pretty.


This is in Hollywood. Notice the Statue of Liberty is missing its head, like on the movie Cloverfield which we saw and got our money back for.

The YORBA LINDA sign our first day there

Me, Nate and Brett. Nate is a fellow Canadian! His Dad is from Calgary, which made him instantly really cool!


Above and below: at the mall called The Block at Orange. Below is a picture of the HUGE movie theatre there.
At Huntington Beach



On monday before we left we went with Blakes mom to get our nails done. It was SOOO fun!

8 comments:

Jaq-wee said...

Thanks for the update! I'm soo jealous of your ADVENTURES!!

i miss u! (and love you.....OF COURSE!!)

Kayla said...

sooo jealous you got to go to california last weekend!
i'm going back at the end of february for a couple of my guy friends' homecoming. definitely planning on driving all night too. did you eat in n out?!!

.Ang. said...

Looks like you had Fun fun fun Till her daddy took the T-bird away..

Did you listen to that song or any other Beachboys hits in the duration of your road trip?

Its not a road trip without the beach boys!

.Ang. said...

Looks like you had Fun fun fun Till her daddy took the T-bird away..

Did you listen to that song or any other Beachboys hits in the duration of your road trip?

Its not a road trip without the beach boys!

KandyJill said...

Sooo jealous! Sounds like you guys had such an awesome trip. I've gotta say... I'm quite impressed with your blogging! It is definitely nice being able to check up on you so often. I LOVE you! You and Blake are cute! :D

krispykream said...

You'r pictures made me sooooo JEALOUS!!!!!!!! Today I was shovelling our sidewalk and thought to myself WHY THE HECK DO I LIVE HERE AGAIN??? But seriously it looks like you are having such an awesome time! And let me just say you look BEAUTIFUL! As always of course! Hopefully we'll see you soon!
I love you!!!!

Kaleb said...

Thats my mission! I lived like 3 minutes away from the block and I lived Yorba Linda! I'm glad you where able to enjoy a nice trip to the OC... NEXT TIME TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!

Lulli said...

People should read this.