Monday, March 5, 2012

Immigration

Sometimes I feel like immigration paper work will never end (why is it so complicated??).

I finally got my green card in my little fingers, but now Tracen has to go through the immigration steps.

We are becoming experts (in a way) of immigration.

He'll automatically get citizenship after his I-130 gets approved - which is nice for him, but what that means for us is that we have to pay $$$ for him to submit the forms, $$$ for immunizations, $$$ for doctors physical...

BUT - now that I have a green card I can maybe get some pell grants, AND I have to take the 14 credits again to graduate earlier, which will qualify me for the scholarships I was awarded.

So - In the end, we'll come out even - that's not too bad right?

1 comment:

KandyJill said...

We need to get a picture of us immigrants with our "Gringo" cards! :)