Saturday, September 8, 2012

One Year

After trying for too long to make a collage, I decided to just post 12 pictures of Tracen from this past year.

I just can't believe it has already been a year since we welcomed Tracen into our lives. What a great year it has been... We spent a lot of time taking pictures, cuddling, doing laundry, laughing, changing dirty diapers, worrying and wishing time would slow down. 
Newborn

1 Months

2 Months

3 months

4 Months

5 Months

6 Months

7 Months

8 Months

9 Months

10 Months

11 Months

12 months 
Tracen is such a fun little boy and losing a lot of his baby chub.  He is usually happy and loves to explore and eat.  He likes to make people laugh and always tries to do silly things (like put things in his mouth or on his head and show everyone), he likes to sing, show us how big he is, and crawl everywhere.  He recently has started to give hugs more regularly and wave.  It's so exciting to see him learn and grow, but I did feel a bit emotional about my baby not being such a baby anymore on his birthday.  And as I spent the day thinking about what I was doing at that time a year ago, I found myself laughing a lot about that day.  About how I was in denial my water had broke (even though every place I sat would have a wet spot after I got up), about how we went to Wal-Mart and I was waddling around trying to get last minute things with soggy pants on, about how we had to ask the midwife for a ride to the hospital (thank goodness she is also a good family friend) because our car was out of commission, because a car that didn't work probably put me into labour, about how long I had to push and how they kept telling me he was 'knocking on the door' and i just wanted him 'inside the house', and about how I managed to pass out after having a bath after giving birth.   That crazy day changed my life and made me so happy and has brought me so much joy!  I couldn't be more grateful for Tracen!   His first night as a one-year-old was spent the same way we spent his first night as our newborn - cuddling in my arms while singing I am a Child of God, the perfect way.

Happy Happy Birthday Tracen!!

9 comments:

Judy Takahashi said...

I love this!
He is so cute!
Wow that year went by so fast!!!

Judy Takahashi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wilma said...

I loved reading about the day Tracen was born, I was smiling and laughing (inside). I don't remember any of those stories!

From the look of the twelve pictures, you and Luke have done a great job being Mom and Dad to Tracen. He's an adorable baby and I love that we've been able to see him as much as we have!

Mariko said...

Happy Birthday, Tracen!!

He is so ridiculously cute! Has his hair turned dark??

Anonymous said...

So cute, love all the pictures and your birth stories!

Sara said...

ahhh i love him.
happy birthday tracen.
love you guys.

Lana Dawn said...

Mariko - It is getting dark, unlike your little blonde Harrison!

.Ang. said...

Oh, i just love him! and all these pictures of him!

Isn't it amazing how fast time flies?

Think of how much you guys accomplished this year! You guys are amazing!!

jacquirae said...

Aw this makes my heart melt. It's so amazing to see how much has changed in the past year. You are such an amazing mother and wife and example to me and i love you THIIIIIIIIIISSSSSS much! I can't wait to join your club.

Happy Birthday Tracen and I am so excited to see what the next year brings. Proud of you.

mIss you love you see you soon when we come to calgary. We should chat one on one, cousin to cousin, friend to friend. :)