Well - I did it! I finished university and we all survived.
I can say that I feel relieved, I can say that I am happy to be done, I can say that one day I will be probably pretty happy that I did it, and I can say I can do hard things.
To finish school was tough. I have many journal entries and blog drafts about the guilt I felt about being in school, not having time for playing, or cooking, or walks, and about how I was lacking balance in my life etc. etc. Luke can attest that I wanted to drop out multiple times - and yet, here I am done. I couldn't have done it without the help and support of my family, especially Luke and I know Heavenly Father was up there helping me along the way, cause it was a lot of work.
Despite my guilt, Tracen seems to have come out of the whole experience unharmed, happy, and independent.
Luke has one semester left and this whole chapter of our lives will be done.
We spent 10 days in Phoenix and were spoiled by Grammie and Papa and wonderful weather.
... more to come on that later...
So now what??
1. Well, I met our new neighbors yesterday (kandice we miss you). I sure know how to make a good first impression, as I ran to take the garbage out and I got locked out of the house, with Tracen locked inside. So, I went and introduced myself and asked to borrow a phone to call Luke. What a great first impression: leaving a child unattended, and then I asked if they knew how to break in cause "my husband is really good at breaking in...."
2. The lists of things to-do is long, and as I started writing this, Tracen was wailing in his crib because we are trying to take away his soother (pacifier, su-su, binky) because it is on the list. Also on the list, library cards, zoo trips, walks, reading, cleaning, and sewing the quilt I started in Arizona
3. My parents stayed the night last night, and Lukes parents my stay here tonight, and then my parents again tomorrow night, and we love having all the visitors, if only they could stay.
4. I got a basil plant from Trader Joes a few months ago and then I almost killed it, but luckily Luke has a green thumb and has brought it back to life. I have been eating basil in everything, smoothies, on toast, in salad etc etc
5. I have nothing to write here.. but I needed to have a 5th because 5 is better than 4 (but evens are better than odds - figure that one out)