Monday, October 28, 2013

In-between

I feel like we have doing a lot of living in-between. In-between school and work, in-between countries, in-between moving and hotels, in-between road trips and work trips.  But I think we are finally on the road to getting settled. 
Here is a glimpse into our last week:






Our first dinner in our new place, cafe rio on tupperware containers, and a movie to keep Tracen in one spot.  We have now graduated to him eating in his highchair as we have no table or other chairs.



We made it to Rexburg last Sunday and Tracen and I were so happy to be reunited with our friends and a familiar place.  I really wish I would have taken more pictures!

We made it back to Porter Park to play, Tracen sure had missed that place.

Tracen on the drive back to Salt Lake Valley, he was tired.

Fall is so beautiful in Salt Lake.  We enjoyed a few days at Auntie Wilma's and Tracen still talks about Blade and his cars.  I enjoyed lunch with Nicole at Kyoto's (my first time there) and then Lunch with Auntie Wilma and Jamie at Kyoto's (my second time there) the next day.  It really was good enough to go back!  Not pictured was a quick trip for cupcakes with Kaiti - I love that girl and Tracen just helped himself to her cupshake.

Jamie and I went to Ikea and found these mini orchids in the AS-IS section of the store.  I got us each one, and it reminds us both of Grandpa Joe. 

We made it back to Vernal on Friday night.  This is the extent of our Halloween decorating this year.

We got a fridge!!! Well Luke picked it up on his drive back from Canada, and it is so nice to have one again.  He also got our oven working, which is also nice to again.

Luke also picked up some couches and a bed in Canada - graciously donated to us by his parents!  We are SOO grateful.  No more air mattress and somewhere to sit and eat (until a table comes into our lives).  Oh, and check out the wax paper in the windows, we have yet to get blinds.


And this is us right now:  Sitting at McDonald's to use the free wifi.  I am letting a few shows load on the computer to help keep us occupied while we unpack today.  Internet should be set up in the next 7-10 days ( I find it hard to believe that there is that high of a demand for internet in Vernal that it takes that long, but oh well).


We are so happy to have our place together and have it slowly come together.  We have been so blessed with Luke's job, and his awesome understanding boss that lets Luke take days so he can drive to and from Canada with furniture and our belongings.  But I can't wait to get out of this in-between.

2 comments:

Laura Dunford said...

Glad to see I am not the only one who mooches McDonalds wifi in desperate situations. Story of my life in America.

Sara said...

I love everything about this!!! I can't wait to see your new home!!! I love that picture of the SL street in the fall. beautiful.

love you