Thursday, November 14, 2013

Vernal: walking through the neighborhood







I would be lying if I didn't admit that it has been a long couple of weeks since really moving to Vernal.  Trying to get into a new routine, unpack, become familiar with the area and feel at home are what we are filling our days with.   We are thrilled to be connected to the world again this week, as we finally got our Internet hooked up. After weeks of staying home waiting for them to show up, they finally did!  It has been so nice to be able to FaceTime with familiar faces, use Google and even watch some movies and TV during naptimes.  Who knew I valued access to Internet so much?  

Tracen has also decided on a new sleep schedule, which includes early morning wake up calls at 6-6:30 AM, or 5:30 AM like today.  By the time 9:30 AM rolls around, I feel like it should be noon.   Last week we took an early morning walk to explore a little bit of our new neighborhood.

I would say that Vernal has a lot of character.




I am not sure where Little B's is, or how to access it - but it intrigues me.
 I do love that the fall flags on Main have come down and new Christmas decorations have taken their place.  I am a sucker for the glimpses of small town coziness that remind me of the setting from a Hallmark movie.
And perhaps one of the greatest things about Vernal Utah is that we are walking distance (although it takes some time) from the temple.   It used to be a tabernacle (I believe) that was converted and I can't wait to see what it looks like inside.




2 comments:

Sara said...

Can't wait to see your home and Vernal! Not sure the logistics of Christmas vacation but I WILL SEE YOU! Love you

Radfords said...

That Temple is AMAZING!!! Love the photos you cute little photographer!!