Saturday, June 7, 2014

Getting Settled (Flashback to April)

We were lucky that Rai decided to come early, and that the plans we had made for my Mom to come stay worked out exceptionally well and Papahashi could meet Rai and spend the weekend with all of us before heading home (for 2 weeks until he drove back to pick her up).
Tracen was spoiled with attention and people to play with for the first 6 weeks of Rai's life.

Rai slept and slept, and ate a little and slept some more.
We were spoiled with a HUGE bouquet of flowers, one of balloons (the big one played a song), one of candy and teddy bears galore for the boys from one of Luke's co-workers.  Another brought over a firetruck for Tracen and some baby clothes.  Luke is lucky to work with some really great (generous) people.


Tracen spent the first weeks with Rai just saying how cute he was over and over.  If anyone asked him about his brother, he responded with "He's SO cute".  And everytime Rai cried, Tracen would tell me that he needed more milk. 

Tracen also liked to try out all the baby things that started to show up around the house.  My mom has a great picture of him in this baby bouncer with a soother (binky) in his mouth.
Tracen and Grandma built cities.
And I spent a lot of time getting to know this cute face.
Rai had his first bath.
One day I am sure that Rai will better appreciate the splashes from his older brother during baths, but right now all the help from Tracen is a little overwhelming. 


I feel like we are finally settled into life as a family of four.  I already can't really remember life as just the 3 of us.  I am not saying that I have things completely under control, because I don't.  Each time I get the boys to nap at the same time for longer than 20 minutes feels like a victory (and a vacation) and sometimes I look back on the day and add up the hours spent making/feeding meals, changing clothes, or dealing with bodily functions of my boys and it makes me laugh.  Luke has been traveling a lot more for work, and the coming months will take him away more, and I don't feel the panic like I did before, so I know we are making progress.  We get enough sleep to get by, and I know I will be sad when the days of Tracen waking me up with a "mommy I woke up!" are gone.

2 comments:

Laura Dunford said...

I love the muslin swaddle blankets, especially that one with the cross design on them. So cute.

jaqeerae said...

Tracen is SO right. He is SO cute! Way to go momma! Love you and your family. Can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks!