Sunday, February 8, 2015

Only words.

I keep saying that we are moving, and we are... it is just taking a lot longer than we planned.  It feels like there is still so much left up in the air.  Some not so fun things, or stresses lately:

1. Will the sale of our house go through?  Our realtor had 7 (SEVEN) sales fall through last week, considering it took us more than 90 days to get an acceptable offer, it would be devastating. I know everyone is praising these low gas prices, but it is causing a lot of trouble in this neck of the woods- so many people are getting laid off.   It is unlike Canada here, and until we close at the end of Feb (and have to be out at the same time) nothing is officially official, and it could fall through. 

2.  Then where do we go?  The market in Denver is crazy.  We also have no real strong opinions about where to live (not Aurora, not Lakewood, and I have this weird thing when I think about my kids going to Columbine High School), we have no family to be close to, and no friends for that matter.  We spent a few days in Denver last week for the sole purpose of house hunting (area searching) and even made on offer on a house ($15,000+ more than the asking price) and they went with a different offer.  It wasn't even THAT great of a house, and needed a good amount of money put into it, but it was a great location.  But it looks like we will be hotel living for a few weeks - maybe a Canada trip in there.

3.  Diarrhea.  House hunting and a young child has the runs, it just isn't fun. 

4.  A lethargic, sad, cuddly baby with no appetite.  I cried a few times over Rai being sick.  He started the week teething, and then his teeth cut through and he was still feverish and miserable.  The night before we left to Denver I considered taking him in to the hospital, and then got terrified of how much that would cost and didn't do it.  More tears, from him and me, and then I noticed his head was tilted, and then noticed he couldn't turn his head.  We found a (sketchy-looking) walk-in Chiropractor where we were and had a (not-so-sketchy-looking) Chiropractor fix him up, his neck was out in 3 places, and very tense.  It was like night and day - he immediately cheered up.  What a relief.

But now onto some good less stressful things lately:

A.  Lego.  Hours and hours of our spent building and re-building Lego.  I can {usually} make dinner, or lunch, without a 3-year-old at my side whining.  Also, Tracen's imagination is going wild and he really likes things to be symmetrical.

B.  We are moving!  It is really going to happen.  Vernal has been real, and it has been fun, but it hasn't been real fun.

C.  Luke still has a job.  I'm not kidding about how many people have been laid off in the past 10 days.  It really is devastating.

D.  The library is our saving grace when we are getting stir crazy.  They do so many cool songs, crafts, poems and activities. 

2 comments:

Radfords said...

My husband would probably say, "Well, no need to worry, we will find out when we find out. We will find a place to live when the time is right. We will get through this diarrhea together." haha
And yes, he would be right, but no one wants someone to fix their problems, but someone to feel their frustration.
So I will say, This sucks! I hate diarrhea, I hate sick kids, I hate not knowing where the next move will be, and it sure sucks that you don't know if your house will officially sell. But good thing you guys know how to make Vernal fun and Canada will always be a great place to live WHEN your house sells and UNTIL you move to the perfect home in Denver. I liked this post a whole lot! And I will love the post that says you found a home even more! :)

Mariko said...

Sounds like it has been a stressful few months!! But there is so much to be grateful for. I hope things start to come together soon, and I am sure Denver will feel like home soon enough! Sending prayers and good vibes!!