Wednesday, September 21, 2016

First Day of Kindergarten


We went back and forth on whether or not Tracen should start kindergarten this year or not as he would be one of the youngest in his class.  But as he started to show a real interest learning things and was better able to focus we decided that he is probably ready (and Luke realized that kindergarten was free, unlike his preschool).  


So far he LOVES it, his teacher is awesome and from all my interaction with her, she thinks of his learning the same way I do.  Tracen is on his way to reading, and is starting to try to spell words on his own - all things that I worried about him learning.  He loves Tuesdays because they are library days, and has earned all kind of 'bug bucks' which is his teachers way of praise and rewards.  

We chose to put him just in half-day kindergarten, and I am so glad we did because I think Rai and I would just miss him way too much if he were gone the whole day.  Every morning after Tracen is in school Rai says (in the saddest voice), "I miss my brother Tracen." However, I think he likes being the big brother at home and playing with all Tracen's toys.  


No comments: