Tuesday, November 7, 2017

A cabin family tradition and the past couple of weeks

Tracen has a family tradition unit at school and on Friday he has to present to his class about a family tradition.  He really wanted something that was "awesome and cool" and tried to create a few traditions that would be cool or awesome, but are not our family traditions.  We finally stretched our thinking and said that we go to the cabin every summer and that is a tradition and he was sold.  We made this quick video for him to share with his class.. kind of like a teaser of a summer video that I have been meaning to actually make. 

TRACENS FAMILY CABIN TRADITION! 


Well, I am really trying to keep up with some blogging.  I feel like I should be writing more, and I think this can count.  The hardest part is getting photos from my phone to the computer (which isn't really hard at all, just takes like 30 seconds more...)

Life has been busy and each week I say that it will be the week that I actually start to eat better and workout consistently.  I think I am actually motivated enough to have it stick this week? I sure hope so.  Anyways, last week I had a bunch of sweet potato to use and decided to try my hand at gnocchi.  That only Mylo and I enjoyed.  I enjoy making food, and Tracen told me that I should write a cookbook someday, and I was all flattered and feeling great because I would love to do that, and he said, "ya, you make such good toast, it is like crispy but not too crispy and you know how much butter I like." Anyways, when Luke is working lots or out of town the boys love to eat cereal and Mac and cheese and I like to try to pretend I am at a nice restaurant (that perhaps forgot to vacuum or sweep for a few weeks) and make myself something that I can enjoy.





Next time I need to make the gnocchi smaller and add more flavor?  I don't know, but for my first time I think it was okay. 

My Rai boy has been helping me in the kitchen any chance he can.  He loves to paint and decorate cookies.  He sometimes surprises me with choosing to clean, cook, or match socks over a show or toys.  He likes to talk the WHOLE time and is recently into the idea that "mysteries do exist."  



Tracen is my sweet, silly, logical boy.  Just last night Grammie was asking him if she should get a new tree because some of her lights weren't working and he told her that she shouldn't because that is a waste of money and he hates to waste money.   He is reading so well, and loves math and science.  He is still super into Lego, and recently has enjoyed drawing a bit.  He is a great brother and usually willing to share and help them and tells me ways I can teach his brothers things.  He loves to organize and since they have iPads at school has recently taken to organize my phone for me.  There is so much of Luke in him it cracks me up.

oh Mylo Moo.  I remember when he was a colicky little infant that people told me he would grow out of it by 3 months, then 6 months, and here we are at 15 months and I think it is just him.  He is the best at cuddles and loves to be in my arms or right beside me all day.  And lots of times there are tears involved.  He's had a rough past month with teething, ear infections and now an allergy to his medicine that will take us back to the doctor this afternoon.  He loves my attention and when his brothers are talking to me, he calls my name until I pay attention to him too.  

 He gets the biggest smile on his face when I am able to get him or do what he wants me to do and it makes me laugh overtime.  He also loves to be silly and likes to eat his meals with a fork or spoon and does better than his brothers most of the time. 



3 comments:

jacqui said...

A thought came to me that I should check your blog, and it turns out that the timing almost couldn't be more perfect. I loved Tracen's comment about you being a good cook then describing your toast hahahahaha. I didn't know you could make gnocchi out of sweet potato and I only vaguely even know what gnocchi is....maybe I should look into that more. I think you should make a cookbook too. I would buy it.
Tracen, that's a great family tradition! Thanks for sharing it

Radfords said...

Yay! I love reading your updates! I would also love a cookbook. you might have to make a kids cookbook so that i will be able to make some of the dishes though. your boys just get more handsome every time you post!
Quick thought. if all my red head girls, marry your boys, then all of their last names would be "all.red" all the red heads. allred. haha anyway, I digress.

Erika said...

I cant believe I have missed all these blog posts! I love when you blog!