Wednesday, June 13, 2018

last day of school

Luke was out of town the last week of school.  It felt like there were a lot of things and activities going on, and like I was running everywhere.  

The morning of the last day of school my boys woke up, like wide awake by 5:30.  So, after trying to get them to be quiet or play quietly with no success, I got my butt out of bed and we went on a walk.  We were back after about an hour at around 7am.  


So I decided we would make the most of things and go to kneaders for breakfast.  We managed to go and eat happily and get Tracen to school on time at 8:05.  

Tracen is making a sad face because it is the last day of school and he loves school. 


Tracen sure seems to have grown up a lot in first grade.  He asked me to stop saying "potty" and say bathroom or washroom instead, to not play music when he opens the door of the car to get out for school and asks the best questions.  he has a thirst for knowledge and loves to play play play.  He loves his brothers and is such a great helper with all of them and they sure love him and were excited to pick him up from school everyday.  Can't believe he will be in second grade come August.  


I told Tracen that we could go on a date to get frozen yogurt once Luke got home.  He didn't stop reminding me about it, and so the day after Luke got home, we went to Menchies. 


Rai set up his own special date with Luke at home while mylo was napping and we were gone. 


Tracen was sure tired from such a busy week and playing so hard. 


Earlier that morning, (like really really early) Tracen and I went on a walk.  He decided he wanted to bring a clipboard and write down all the animals and creatures we saw on our walk.  We live in a neighborhood with lots of houses  and so I wasn't sure that we would see much, but he was determined.  I couldn't believe all that things that we saw, that we usually don't.  But then I thought, maybe its because I am not good at looking for the little things.  What a tender mercy and answer to Tracen's prayers to see slugs, and birds and giant bees, bunnies, and so much more together.  And I was grateful for the reminder to look for the tender mercies and be more aware of my surroundings. 




1 comment:

jacqui said...

Special memories! Love it.