Thursday, November 29, 2018

My mom left this morning.  After 3 weeks of mending hearts and clothes and settling fights and baby girl.  She cooked, cleaned, painted and was always up for a walk or trip to the park.  She gave attention where it was needed and so much love. She played countless rounds of the fishing game, read books, played trouble with trolls and was entertained by boys with their playlists and dance moves.  She watched movies at night with me and was always available for me to hand Cove to while I got sleep in the night or during the day.  She was patient as emotions ran high and low and wrangled them back into check.  I can’t even explain how grateful I am for her and her sacrifice of time and her never ending love, my thanks never feels like enough.

Erika came with Papahashi too! It seemed to be just what Tracen and Rai needed.  Tracen loves sharing his music with Papahashi and getting introduced to some new songs too, he also spent our day shopping happy and content with my dad.  Rai has always had a special place for Erika and having her here brought out his best side.  No one makes forts with him and listens to his ideas the way that she does.  The timing couldn’t have been more perfect, but it makes the goodbyes that much  tougher on us all.  Rai knew they were leaving around lunch and asked me to make the time not go by too fast because he believes I make the time (I do always seem to know what time it is, or when we need to go or how long we have).  It has made my heart hurt because we live so far from family and family is the best. 

No comments: